If interested in posting a job on the ASSP Region VII website email RVP@region7.assp.org.
Kent Power is a growing utility construction contractor that understands the value of safety. We find it so important that we’ve made safety a part of our core values and have invested in the proper tools, equipment, PPE and training. This position is also an investment to grow our current team and add to their knowledge and experience.
So what will you be doing?
A week in this position would include traveling to utility project work sites to observe team for compliance to our safety standards. You will also be responsible for investigating workplace accidents and injuries and analyzing and recommending improvements for safe work practices among other standard field safety tasks.
Understanding all aspects of construction and safe work practices is a requirement for this role. We also need some that embraces the use of technology and understands MS Office, ERP systems and mobile devices.
- Must have Utility experience in transmission or distribution
- 5 years demonstrable safety management related experience preferred
- A professional safety certification from an industry recognized safety organization; or
- A college degree in a safety related field
- OSHA 10/30/500/501 certifications preferred.
For more information visit Safety Specialist.